The 21 st annual Texas Farm Bureau Cotton Patch Challenge (CPC) will be held in Greenville on Saturday, September 19, 2015 as part of the Rally Round Greenville Festival. The Rotary Clubs of Greenville and the YMCA of Greenville & Hunt County will host the CPC, which benefits YMCA youth programs.
Join us for a fun-packed weekend with lots of bicycle events, live entertainment, food and fun for the entire family.
Each tour participant will receive an event T-shirt, one wrist band for a complimentary beer and a ride number.
Covered parking is available at the Paul Mathews Exchange Building, 2500 Stonewall Street on the west side of the courthouse square. Additional parking areas (available after 6 a.m.) are located in the downtown area. Event volunteers will direct you to their locations.
NOTE: Bikes mounted on top of vehicles need to be removed prior to entry to the Exchange Building parking garage, since there is low clearance on the entrance ramp.
All pre-ride and post-ride event activities will be held at Landon Winery and Bistro, 2506 Lee Street, across from the Hunt County Courthouse. Register for the rally from 6:30-8 a.m. on Landon's covered patio. Be sure to check out their small display vineyard while you wait in line! Tours start under the CPC arch directly in front of Landon’s Winery.
Following your ride fruit, water, and soft drinks will be served in front of Landon’s Winery (Sorry, no cycling cleats allowed in the winery and restaurant). The winery and restaurant will also serve wine and meals for those desiring a more substantial reward for their efforts.
Complimentary beer will be served after the ride, provided by Ben E. Keith Distributors.
Routes and Rules
- All tours start promptly at 8 a.m. from the Hunt County Courthouse Square at 2507 Lee Street.
- The ride will take place RAIN or SHINE. No refunds.
- The ride consists of five routes: 21 miles, 31 miles, 41 miles, 54 miles and 63 miles. Map
- Helmets and ride numbers are required.
- Riders under 14 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- No late starts after 8:30 a.m. Ride at your own pace, however all courses and rider services close at 2 p.m. Volunteers will be welcoming the riders as they fi nish their routes.
Road Assistance & Rest Stops
- Corner marshals with color-coded flags will man the major turns.
- Visible Support And Gear (SAG) teams and area bicycle shops will provide mechanical support.
- Rest stops are positioned every 8-12 miles with a large assortment of fresh fruits, sports drinks and cookies.
- Port-a-potties are also available at the start, finish and throughout the course.
After the Ride
Get your complimentary fruit smoothie at Landon Winery, 2506 Lee Street after the ride. In addition to Landon’s dining area, they have a large reception room in the rear of the facility with a 2,500 sq. ft. covered outdoor patio.
Come Early and Join The Fun
The Emerald City Band will be back to kick off the weekend events with a concert and street dance beginning at 7 p.m. on the Hunt County Courthouse Square Friday night. This 14 piece, 4-horn Dallas-area band has played all over the country and was a huge hit in Greenville last year. Their playlist includes the last 50 years of popular music, as well as current songs on the radio with a mix of their original music.
Emerald City Band has performed for President and Mrs. Bush at The White House, and numerous fortune 500 companies including MCI, Ford Motor Company, Southwest Airlines and American Airlines. As Wedding Musicians, Emerald City has been featured at many high profile weddings for clients such as Emmitt Smith, Mark Cuban and Angie Harmon. Come enjoy their performance while a sipping a glass of wine and eating a fine meal.
Following the ride participants will have the opportunity to enjoy the Rally Round Greenville Festival in downtown Greenville. The festival this year will include a live music stage, kids alley, food vendors, arts and crafts vendors. A chili and barbecue cook-off competition is set for Friday night and Saturday. It will be a fun day for the whole family!
A Saturday night concert will be held at the Bud Light Stage on Lee Street starting at 7:00 PM. It is a FREE concert adjacent to the beer garden.
For updates and more information about the events, visit these sites:
• Bicycle Rally: Click here to download the tour flyer and registration form
• Rally Round Greenville festival: www.greenville-chamber.org
Sponsorships are still available by contacting
Christa Compton at 903-455-9622 or by email: email@example.com